Yogurt Keto Ice Cream is the closest thing to a proper gelato. I know, there is no such a thing as sugar-free gelato. Not only for the taste but because sugars have that anti-freezing effect that helps gelato (amongst other factors) to have that unique consistency.
But this version really gets close to the original and has no sugar. That means no insulin response.
But sugar-free doesn’t mean diet ice cream cause my recipe has milk, cream and full fat yogurt. This is simply dedicated to whom for whatever reason cannot or does not want to take sugars.
Yogurt Keto Ice Cream
- 192 g milk 6.8 oz
- 102 whipping cream 3.6 oz
- 192 g full fat yogurt 6.8 oz
- 72 g erythritol powdered (2.5 oz)
- 20 drops of stevia 0.7 oz
- 60 g skimmed milk powder 2.1 oz
- 2 g carob flour optional (0.07 oz)
- Put all the ingredients in the blending jar and mix with the immersion blender.
- Make the gelato according to your ice cream maker instructions.
- If your ice cream maker has the bowl to put in the freezer (i.e. no compressor) refrigerate the mix for a few hours.